Speaker 1: Welcome to Linga Listen, subscribe, or follow us so you never miss one of our episodes. Maybe you like to close your eyes when you listen, Maybe you color, Maybe you like to look out the window. Whatever you do, listen carefully to help figure out the sounds in.
Speaker 2: The sound we found. I bet you know that sound. Birds.
Speaker 1: They're chirping and singing and enjoying my favorite season, spring. I love to see everything growing in the garden in springtime.
Speaker 3: Meet you. We have planting vegetables.
Speaker 2: That's great, Lisa.
Speaker 1: Well, today, Lisa, Elliott Cowie and I are going to do some work in the garden.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 2: Do you know that sound?
Speaker 1: That was the door opening we're stepping outside?
Speaker 2: Huh? Listen, Hey, did you all see that?
Speaker 3: Nope, I didn't see anything. I did. I see everything.
Speaker 1: Well, then, Lisa, tell our listeners what made that sound and what you saw?
Speaker 3: Actually, I think I saw it, but now I'm not sure. Can we play a guessing game? Everyone can try to guess what made that sound in the garden.
Speaker 1: Okay, Lisa, here's the first clue. It's a small animal that can live in a garden. Elliott, can you guess what animal it could be?
Speaker 3: Hmmm? A monkey.
Speaker 4: Oo oo ah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's true that monkeys go in gardens in some parts of the world, like Thailand or Costa Rica, but not here. Let's try another clue. Listen to something this animal does in the garden. Do you know that sound?
Speaker 3: Cawie? Can you guess that sounds like coloring? Animals can't collar. Oh?
Speaker 2: Well, good guess Kwie.
Speaker 1: Now for the third clue, this animal has long ears, Lisa, why don't you guess this time?
Speaker 3: Oh? I know, Uh, a donkey has long ears.
Speaker 1: That's true, but I didn't see a donkey in this garden.
Speaker 2: Ah.
Speaker 1: It looks like we're going to have to call our big kid expert Lizzie.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hi, it's Linga. Listen. Can you help us with the sound we found?
Speaker 4: Sure? I already heard the clues. You said, small animal in the garden, so I was going to guess a mouse. And the second clue sounds like digging mice dick in the dirt.
Speaker 2: So is that your guess a mouse?
Speaker 4: Nope, because mice don't have long ears. I think a small animal in the garden that can dig holes and has long ears is.
Speaker 3: A rabbit, right you are? Oh? A rabbit. I love rabbits. Yes, I was going to say rabbit.
Speaker 1: Next we found the sound. Lizzy, what can you tell us about rabbits?
Speaker 4: Well, rabbits love to dig in gardens, but gardeners don't always want them there. That's probably why the rabbit hopped away when she heard you.
Speaker 3: Bye bye, bunny.
Speaker 4: And did you know bunny is a cute word for rabbit, but it doesn't mean baby rabbit. Actually, baby rabbits are called kittens.
Speaker 1: Meow, I didn't know that. Thanks for being our big kid expert, Lizzie. Hey, Lingo listeners, do you color when you listen? We have a special coloring page for this episode. Ask a grown up to print it out and then color it in. Add a rabbit into the garden, or just draw your own garden on a piece of paper. You know what, We would love to see your artwork. Take a picture of it and share it with us. Bye bye,