Speaker 1: We are thrilled to announce our new Lingo Kids podcast for kids Growing Up. For Growing Up, we partnered with Emmy nominated TV presenter, mom, engineer, and science communicator Emily Callandrelli. Emily is on a mission to find out what it takes to discover and unlock kid's superpowers. Every week, she'll meet inspiring professionals to ask the questions all kids want to know the answers. To join the play learning fun find Growing Up on any podcast platform you are using, just search for and subscribe to Lingo Kids Growing Up. Oh no, it's raining and I had plans to be outside all day. Oh well, I'll just find something else to do around the house.
Speaker 2: Won't you get bored?
Speaker 3: I hope not, But if I do, that's okay too.
Speaker 2: It is I hate feeling bored? Yes, yeah, it's so boring.
Speaker 1: Well, then would you like to hear a story about what happens to Cawie when she feels bored?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Welcome to storytime bi Lingo Kids, where we discover fascinating facts about the world around us and the fun of play learning. Today, we will hear a story about how Cowie turns boring into fun.
Speaker 2: I hate rainy days. They can't go outside and there's nothing to do. They're just gonna be bored, bored, bored.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry to hear that, Cowie. Being bored can be a hard feeling to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, being bored stinks like like stinky baby diapers.
Speaker 3: Oh yuck.
Speaker 1: Well, I think Lisa, Elliott and Billie are in the kitchen baking something.
Speaker 3: Do you want to help them?
Speaker 2: Baby? Whe are you making? We're making only raisin cookies? Do you want to help? No? Baking is boring? Come on, Cowie, it will be fun. It's boring, and I want to make chocolate chip cookies, not raisin cookies. I hate raisins. I'm going to take them all out of the badger. You messed up for cookies.
Speaker 1: Oh, Cowie, you need to listen and respect Lisa, Billy and Elliott when they tell you they don't want you to do something. You know, sometimes when I'm feeling bored, I'm also feeling frustrated.
Speaker 2: What do you mean by fresh frustrated?
Speaker 1: I feel sad and all tensed up inside. I think it's because some I want life to be a certain way and it just isn't.
Speaker 2: Like how I want to go outside and I can't. Yes, and now I'm all sad and fresh frustrated and it feels like you are not in my stomach.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's what it feels like to me too.
Speaker 2: But what do I do?
Speaker 1: Would you like an idea of something you can do even before you start feeling really bored and frustrated?
Speaker 2: Yes? Please tell me.
Speaker 3: Make your very own.
Speaker 1: No more Boring list? WHOA?
Speaker 2: How do I make a no more brink list?
Speaker 1: A no More Boring list should have three sections.
Speaker 3: The first section is for fun activities you like to do.
Speaker 1: Like baking cookies, yes, or even just playing quietly with toys.
Speaker 3: I like doing that, Lingo.
Speaker 1: Kids listeners, Can you think of some things you like to do when you feel bored?
Speaker 3: Wonderful?
Speaker 1: The next section of the no More Boring list is for challenging things you want to learn to do.
Speaker 2: Learning how to ride a bike?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Lingo kids listeners, can you think of some challenging activities you might want to learn to do when you start to feel bored? I bet you all came up with some wonderful ideas. Good question, Billy. The third section of the No More Boring list is for projects that take a long time to work on.
Speaker 2: Like building a huge obstacle course outside bounce fun.
Speaker 1: Big project ideas can also be learning to play an instrument, learning magic tricks, whatever stirs your soul and makes you happy. Lingo kids listeners, can you think of some big project ideas?
Speaker 3: I bet you came up with some great ideas. Now, whenever you feel bored, just check in.
Speaker 1: With your no more Boring list and it just might help keep you from feeling boredom and frustration.
Speaker 2: Good idea.
Speaker 3: And you want to know something else about boredom?
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 1: Bored feelings can actually be a good thing the way. Yes, when we're bored, it can help stir us to be more creative and to do new things.
Speaker 2: Like do the things the more boring.
Speaker 3: Yes, Elliott.
Speaker 1: And sometimes we just might need some quiet time to do nothing. And that's good too.
Speaker 3: Look at that it stopped raining. You can go outside and play now, Callie.
Speaker 2: First, I need to do something. What's that say that I'm really sorry for messing up your cookies. Yeah, we forgive you, Calie. Everyone makes mistakes. The cookies turned out yummy. Anyway, do you want to cookie and then we can play outside. I'll have a cookie, but I want some quite a long time for a while.
Speaker 3: What are you going to do, Calie.
Speaker 2: Make my very own no more boring list so I won't feel bored ever again.
Speaker 1: Thank you Lingo Kids listeners for listening. I hope you enjoyed the story. Maybe you can come up with a no more boring list of your very own, so the next time you start to feel bored, you won't also feel sad and frustrated. In our Lingo Kids app, you can find interactive games, songs, audio books and videos that will help you with your bedtime routine. Discover the power of play learning when learning is fun.
Speaker 3: See you in our next episode.