Speaker 1: It's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Well, it's the moment that I know, at least some of you have been waiting for, because we did a second date yesterday that got a record amount of texts and comments on the social media. If you didn't hear it. It was about our listener Morgan, who was on a first date with a guy and took him to a festival where she was performing with her dance group uh huh, and her mom was also there to watch her performance guy, and while Morgan was backstage, her mother talked to her date and said, you know, Morgan's kind of flaky, but there is someone who isn't. Her younger, hotter sister.
Speaker 3: Implied, But if.
Speaker 2: You can believe it, Morgan's own mom gave her date the little sister's phone number instead, and they were going to go on a date this weekend, which of course made Morgan super angry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, every reason.
Speaker 4: Let's listen, James, you better not be my sister. That's all I'm thinking of now, Like this is crossing the line. I'm just gonna keep texting her. Oh are you kidding? I mean, I've already gone through all this, I may as well just see what happens now.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you know.
Speaker 4: What James like mother like daughter. Let me tell you a little bit about my sister.
Speaker 3: Oh, is that what we're gonna do? It is spend the next couple of minutes trashing her little sister.
Speaker 2: No, we're not doing that. But that was big drama. And afterwards we asked, Morgan, can we help you with your new issue now? Which isn't your date not calling back? It's your mom who threw you under the bus. And she said, yes, Morgan is back on to do an awkward Tuesday phone call with us. Welcome back, Morgan.
Speaker 4: I thank you for having me.
Speaker 5: I can't even imagine the emotions you've been dealing with for the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I'm now sharing it with you and everyone else.
Speaker 6: So why not?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: We appreciate that you've had time to digest it and think it through. I'm just wondering you still do want to confront your mother about this? That's the person you want to call, right yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, okay, and you didn't.
Speaker 7: You haven't talked to her at all, Like she haven't warned her or anything.
Speaker 4: I mean, I did text her saying I needed to talk to her and then I would call her from work, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: Are you speaking?
Speaker 5: But are you just gonna get on the phone and start yelling at your mom because we've all but we've all done that.
Speaker 3: You don't like, I don't know how productive that is, but.
Speaker 7: It's therapeutic, like a personal productive. I mean, that's not very fun. Has to happen.
Speaker 2: Maybe we need to know a little bit more about your mom before we call her. Our audience probably wants to know more to like, what is your relationship with her?
Speaker 4: Like we have a great relationship. She's a mom, and I don't know what her deal was that day. I would really truly like in Shaga.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was just being at the Irish festival with the beer around, just a couple drinks and mamas turned. You're just saying a little drinks that you start to say stuff that you don't really mean.
Speaker 7: It's it's probably more like whiskey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you may say stuff, but you don't pass along phone numbers that you don't really mean.
Speaker 2: You know, it depends on how many beers she had. We don't know had your mom.
Speaker 5: Has your mom called you flaky? Before or was that also news to you?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's news to me. But honestly, like, I don't know what her agenda was, like, what was she trying to accomplish? You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, hopefully we can get some answers. But if it makes you feel better, I'm sure that all of our moms say horrible things about all of us behind that I know for a fact.
Speaker 7: Mind does I mean, we're in radio, so there's not a lot to brag about.
Speaker 3: It does not.
Speaker 2: Next, what we need to know is, aside from your mom, what about your relationship with your sister? Have you always been jealous of her?
Speaker 4: Not of her She's the one that's been jealous of me. That makes sense, Okay, it's the clothes steeler. She's the one that's like, wants to be me.
Speaker 3: Wow, that seems like a lot Now.
Speaker 5: I think I think we need to back off from bashing on the sister because you don't even know that the sister knows that the mom did this right.
Speaker 4: No, and I don't blame my sister. I blame my mom, Like I don't want her going out with James, And I mean, and I still like, is there a chance for James and I to try this again.
Speaker 3: Like, let's say, so, I feel like you should just let your little sister have James at this point.
Speaker 2: You know, That's what I really wanted to ask you though, because if the guy that we were calling about the second day, if you were iffy on him, yeah, and you didn't really like him, you were on the fence, would it still be a big deal to you?
Speaker 4: I mean I did like him, and it's like, that's what fucked so badly there. I just wanted to have like a complete redooce so he could see who I really am, and then my mom had to go and literally screw the whole thing up.
Speaker 3: So what is your mom going to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, how can we help you have this conversation with her? Like, what is it that you want to accomplish with this phone call with your mom?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean, first of all, she needs to know that it's not okay that she did this and hurts my feeling and this can never happen again, you know. And really, thirdly, like I think I need an apology and I want I want her to actually call James and make.
Speaker 3: It right, oh James, and tell force James to go out with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, Wow, James.
Speaker 3: Asked for this. I'm sorry he did.
Speaker 2: He is in a good spot. We're going to do all of that, and we're going to get Brooke and Jose to weigh in on how you approach this. It's gonna be an interesting call when we do your special A word Tuesday phone call coming up right after this.
Speaker 1: It's awkward. It's Tuesday. It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Good news is I think we've all learned a big valuable lesson from this whole thing. Whenever you take a date somewhere out in public, and if the date's kind of cute and you really like him, never ever leave him alone, especially if your fun, cool mom is around.
Speaker 3: Let's just learn that a long time ago.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, just joining us. I know what everybody's thinking here. No, the mom did not hook up with Morgan's date.
Speaker 3: It would have been better, almost thought might.
Speaker 2: But maybe she did something even worse than that by bad mouthing her daughter to her date and saying, you know, actually you should meet her younger sister. She's a peach or however, moms talk about their daughters whatever they say, but a line was definitely cross there. And now Morgan is about to confront her her mom about it right here. First, though, we need to get some advice. Maybe we should start with Jose. Jose, what do you think Morgan should do here when we call her mom?
Speaker 7: I think it's important to check your emotions while you're speaking with her. Don't just yell at her, right, which we've already kind of said.
Speaker 2: No, uh uh wait wait, whoa, whoa. Okay, clearly Brook thinks that she has some better advice.
Speaker 5: The most powerful thing in the world is mom guilt.
Speaker 3: Okay, you need to go in hard.
Speaker 5: You need to tell her not only do you know what she did, but you need to be very explicit in how that made you feel. Because what you're trying to do here is you're trying to make sure she never does it again, and you're trying to get an apology. She will feel so terrible. There's no way that those things won't happen. Remember from the first I think that's a bad mom move.
Speaker 2: We got two opposite pieces of advice. Jose says, stay calm, keep your emotions, and check. Brook is like, go off on her. Yeah, which way are you leaning? Morgan?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 4: I mean I like both. I'm going to try to kind of incorporate both.
Speaker 6: The storm.
Speaker 5: Maybe passive aggressively yell at her is what it sounds like to me.
Speaker 2: Let's make this call to your mom and uh, let's get the apology that you really want. We're going to jump in and join the conversation if we feel like you need a little bit of help. But I think you got this, Morgan, Good luck?
Speaker 4: Okay, we go.
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 4: Hi right, yeah, Hi, Hi, Hi sweetie?
Speaker 6: How you doing today?
Speaker 4: Listen? Do you have a couple of minutes to talk right now?
Speaker 6: Is everything okay? You kind of send a bit of upset.
Speaker 4: I just wanted to talk to you, particularly about like last weekend, you know, when we were at the festival and I had that guy James there.
Speaker 6: Yes, he seemed like a very nice boy, Honey.
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, So I mean like that conversation did it with James? Like did it go okay between you guys?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Everything was okay. I mean why are you asking?
Speaker 4: I am just curious. You know what was said? Like you had a lot of time to talk, so what did you talk about?
Speaker 6: I mean I was trying to keep them entertained and trying to chat about whatever, you know, just to pass the time. But I could tell that he was like getting a little frustrated.
Speaker 4: Okay, he Like what was he so frustrated about?
Speaker 6: After you did the little dance number? You know, you went backstage, just move and you were back there for so long, And I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 4: Whatever you give a moment back there, it's because it's because they made me do that, Okay, Like I told you, they were the sponsors of the whole festival.
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay. I mean I'm sure there's a lot of older men back there that lots of money you want you and I'm sure you gave.
Speaker 4: It to no no, no, no, no, no, okay, don't turn into that all right, Like whatever.
Speaker 6: It was, I'm sure you probably got some good dikets back there.
Speaker 4: I but Mom, you're not listening. I was on a date, Like I was really trying to get out of there to meet up with him. And I want to know exactly, like what did you say to him? Because he's not calling me back. It's been really eating away at me and and I'm asking you to tell me. You spent a lot of time with him, So what did you talk about with him?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 6: You know, I don't remember you know how old I am, and forget I mean, honestly.
Speaker 4: Okay, listen, I know what you said because I talked to him.
Speaker 6: Wait, you spoke with him. I mean I thought you said he didn't call you after that date.
Speaker 4: No, he didn't. But I finally reached out to him because I was embarrassed that I made him stand out there for so long, and then he told me some really shocking things. Mom. Okay, Like I said that you brought up Taylor and oh and and she's the less laky sister.
Speaker 6: Well you know, we all know. You know, we know that's true because I mean someone Morgan, Mom know that.
Speaker 4: I mean, are you are you kidding me? You know, say that to my date. This was a dude, and it was a birthday and it was really important. Like, why would you say that to him?
Speaker 6: Well? What am I supposed to lie? Really? I mean, what am I gonna say? Oh, she's so punctual, she's so responsible.
Speaker 4: All okay, I'm gonna ignore that you said that because I know that you tried to set him up with Taylor. You gave him her number, you keep your number, mom? Like, how could you do that?
Speaker 6: Look, honey, between you and me, they just seem like they would be an absolute perfect match. He's he's a sweet kid, and Chamber really needs this. I mean, she hasn't been with as many men as you are.
Speaker 4: Are you kidding?
Speaker 2: I'm so sorry that we had to end this conversation at this point, because I could listen for another twenty minutes.
Speaker 6: Wait, Joyce, Morgan, what's going on?
Speaker 2: Hi? Morgan's mom? I don't know your name?
Speaker 1: Joyce Joyce.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joyce, welcome to You're on Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Who Yeah, exactly radio show.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, what did you do?
Speaker 2: Well, it's not really about what Morgan did. Morgan's more concerned with what you did at the festival.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we all found out together that you sold Morgan out and gave this guy her sister's number.
Speaker 6: I was just trying to do Taylor. I mean, you know, honestly, I said, and I talked to this boy for a long time and he's just so sweet, and I just thought he and Taylor they're like perfect together.
Speaker 2: And I just what about your older daughter.
Speaker 7: Doesn't she deserve to be with a sweet, nice guy as well?
Speaker 2: It sounds like she's had plenty of chances before that. Men, possibly rich ones backstage.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what say. I don't even know what your impression of me must be. Like, this is insane. Mom, you're making me sound like I'm some Like I can't even say it on Rada.
Speaker 7: There's nothing wrong.
Speaker 3: With what you're gonna say. Yeah, I totally agree with Alexis. I mean, I honestly like listening to your mom.
Speaker 5: I was pretty angry with her before this, but I really think that she's just trying to do good by both her daughters and she misstepped.
Speaker 3: I don't think what she did was right, but I.
Speaker 5: Don't think her intentions were to like hurt you more than.
Speaker 4: Okay, but Mom, like this hurt my feeling so badly. But this was my first date and then you made me seem like I'm this had a person like would you know that I'm not horrible?
Speaker 2: That's part of what we're trying to do here, Dress. We're trying to help Morgan get a little admission that maybe you overstepped. Yeah, can you admit that a degree that you would never do this to her again?
Speaker 6: I definitely will admit and say I probably could have handled things a bit better.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's take the probably out. Okay, I could.
Speaker 2: We're halfway there.
Speaker 6: And I do apologize if it did overstep.
Speaker 2: If it did, it sounds like it did. Just the words I'm sorry. That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 6: What I do apologize. I don't want to hurt either one of you.
Speaker 5: I mean kids.
Speaker 6: I love you guys, you know, and that's what I'm always looking out for. Your belt Okay.
Speaker 2: And that's coming off a little strong, little too much.
Speaker 5: I feel like Jeffrey's taking notes from his own conversations with his mother.
Speaker 2: Ye tell them that you're that you're proud of everything that they've ever accomplished in. They're a good little boy.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mom, Like I get where you're trying. I'm gonna because I love you, I am going to accept your apology.
Speaker 7: Oh that's fine.
Speaker 4: If you want to make this right, I need you to call Taylor and James and you need to tell them your intentions behind this, because Taylor is considering dating this guy.
Speaker 2: Considering it Morgan, you still want to date James.
Speaker 4: I didn't even.
Speaker 6: Get a chance to try.
Speaker 1: Are you sure?
Speaker 7: Are you sure?
Speaker 2: Because our text board is blowing up with many rich, older gentlemen, experienced woman I.
Speaker 5: Mean, Joyce, are you up for calling them and telling them that they can't date each other like a true mom would.
Speaker 6: I mean, honestly, that's kind of out of my hands. I mean I can explain to that. But you know, it's like poor Taylor, you know, I mean, she has nothing to do with this. She's just like, you know, just kind.
Speaker 2: Of like she's just the perfect angel child.
Speaker 6: But you know, it's like, what am I supposed to say to James. Am I supposed to say no, now, you can't date her because Morgan says you can't.
Speaker 5: I mean, they have been texting, so it's unfortunately everyone's adults here, so you don't actually have that reach anymore.
Speaker 2: So it sounds like, Morgan, we're just gonna get kind of an apology from your mom and that's where we're gonna end it. We'll do another awkward Tuesday phone call next week and work on through the whole family. I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 2: To deal with it, Morgan, good luck.
Speaker 1: It's broking Jeffrey in the morning,