Subscribe to my feed!
Welcome to Episode 23 of The Struggling Archaeologist’s Guide to Getting Dirty!
I’m Jenny, a big old history nerd with a dramatic streak and a lack of creative outlets. Hence the podcast. The show has taken a little bit of a hiatus while I figure out some life things, and for that I am sorry. But, if it makes you feel any better, my “life things” turns out to be a pretty cool development. He’s about 7 months along right now and getting ready to pop this fall. That’s right! I’m expecting a little shovelbum and couldn’t be more excited for this most excellent adventure. But enough about me, let’s get back to the archaeology! So here’s what to expect in this episode:
- We learn about Pictish forts being discovered by adventurous archaeologists in Scotland
- I decide that somehow I’m vaguely connected to Pictish history because I’m from New York
- Next it’s time to a new segment “Stories that Shaped the World” where we talk about how mythology influenced life in the past
- Because I’m preggo I decided to look into childbirth in Egyptian mythology
- I have an update for you on The Struggling Archaeologist Book Club!
So that’s it for now, here are some pictures of the Scottish forts mentioned in this episode. Enjoy and be sure to check out the other awesome archaeology podcasts on the Archaeology Podcast Network, new episodes out weekly!