Berna Anat, award-winning producer, speaker, podcast host, rich auntie in training, and “Financial Hype Woman,” joins the podcast to chat about immigrant financial trauma, living out loud with your money and how she went from paying off over $50,000 of debt to becoming a new author.
We also talk about the importance of taking breaks, her response to the strike carried out by the workers involved in producing her book, leveraging your finances to combat injustice, and more.
In this episode, you’ll learn more about:
- Why you need to bring your whole self and your whole financial story into your money life
- The First-Generation Alpha Kid experience + what being a daughter of immigrants means in the money realm
- How to approach giving you family financial help and the importance of establishing boundaries
- Pros and cons of immigrant hustle mode + why it can be your superpower or kryptonite
- Financial activism, speaking up for your community, calling out capitalism + more
Other Links Mentioned in episode:
- Listen to Berna's First Interview on the Journey to Launch Podcast
- First Gen Alpha Kid Experience IG Reel
- Check out my new personal website here.
- Join The Weekly Newsletter List
- Leave me a voicemail– Leave me a question on the Journey To Launch voicemail and have it answered on the podcast!
- YNAB – Start managing your money and budgeting so that you can reach your financial dreams. Sign up for a free 34 days trial of YNAB, my go-to budgeting app by using my referral link.
- What stage of the financial journey are you on? Are you working on financial stability or work flexibility? Find out with this free assessment and get a curated list of the 10 next best episodes for you to listen to depending on your stage. Check it out here!
Connect with Berna:
- Instagram: @HeyBerna
- Twitter: @HeyBerna
- Facebook: @HeyBerna
Connect with me:
- Instagram: @Journeytolaunch
- Twitter: @JourneyToLaunch
- Facebook: @Journey To Launch
- Join the Private Facebook Group
- Join the Waitlist for My FI Course
- Get The Free Jumpstart Guide