Welcome to the 4th episode of this experiment!
This was a insightful conversation talking about the big picture of where the Earth Observation market is and might be heading in the next few years.
- Aravind's Twitter: https://twitter.com/aravind_raves
- Aravind's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/aravindravichandran/
- TerraWatch Space consulting: https://www.terrawatch.space/services
- TerraWatch Space podcast: https://anchor.fm/terrawatch-space
- 04:05 : Aravind presents himself
- 13:25 : How a software background helped in Aravind's consulting work
- 17:00 : Explaining the field at a high level / low level
- 21:50 : Helping companies get "out of the Earth Observation bubble"
- 25:20 : Working with non-geospatial industries that need Earth Observation data
- 31:45 : How to manage expectation for people not familiar with geospatial data?
- 38:10 : Is the SaaS (Software as a Service) model leading to some of rise in funding?
- 41:00 : IaaS; Insights as a Service instead of SaaS
- 46:25 : The relationship between Big Tech and Earth Observation
- 53:10 : The iPhone moment in Earth Observation
- 1:00:00 : Public / Private sector interaction
- 1:12:20 : The value of working on the boring stuff
- 1:17:25 : The Indian EO market
- 1:28:35 : Trying to understand why the West hears little about the Indian scene
- 1:31:00 : Aravind's podcast: TerraWatch Space
- 1:41:25 : Book recommendations!
Links towards topics in the discussion:
- Kerbal Space Program: https://www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/
- PwC: https://www.pwc.com/
- Planet acquiring Google's Terra Bella constellation in 2017: https://spacenews.com/planet-to-acquire-terra-bella-from-google/
- Indian Space Research Organization: https://www.isro.gov.in/
- Pixxel: https://www.pixxel.space/
- Tim Ferris Show: https://tim.blog/podcast/
- Sapiens, a Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari
- When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalanithi
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
As always feel free to reach out to me if you have anything to say about the podcast:
- or through Twitter: @MaxLenormand
Thanks for taking the time to listen :)