In this episode, Donn and Kaushik talk about the state of android architectures and how they've stared to evolve. Kaushik recently worked on a project of coming up with an evolved version of an MVVM architecture, very similar to what the Android community now calls MVI.
Special request: if you have follow up questions or clarifications or things you'd like to see specifically with respect to this dicussion, hit us up on the Discord #fragmented-podcast channel with your thoughts and we'll make sure to address them in future parts!
- MBLT-Dev talk by KG : Unidirectional state flow patterns - a refactoring story
- github sample repo with this pattern
Salient features of the pattern:
- Screens are driven by a single ViewModel
II. Screens listen to a single Observable exposed from the ViewModel
III. Screens listen to a single Observable exposed from the ViewModel
IV. Events are sent into the VM through a single function processInputs
- Break(ing) the Chain
VI. Testing strategy
- The state of managing state with RxJava
- MVI patterns with Hannes Dorfmann
- Blog post on developing apps 20% faster
- Sentry tells you about errors in your code before your customers have a chance to encounter them.
Check them out at: https://sentry.io/for/android/
- Discord chat or @fragmentedcast or our Youtube channel
- @donnfelker and donnfelker (on Instagram)
- @kaushikgopal and kaushikgopal (on Instagram)