On the April 18 2019 episode of /Film Daily, /Film editor in chief Peter Sciretta is joined by senior writer Ben Pearson and writer Hoai-Tran Bui to talk about the latest film and tv news, including Y: The Last Man, The Suicide Squad, The Mandalorian, Avengers: Endgame, Star Wars, Disney+, and Swamp Thing.
You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (here is the RSS URL if you need it).
In The News:
- HT: Disney Scraps Fox’s ‘Mouse Guard’ Two Weeks Before Production Begins
- Ben: Disney CEO Bob Iger Says Fox Purchase Was All About Building Disney+ Content
- HT: How ‘The Mandalorian’ Uses New Technology That Blends Physical Sets With CGI, According to Giancarlo Esposito
- HT: ‘Knights of the Old Republic’ Project In Development, Kathleen Kennedy Confirms
- Ben: ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Spoilers Have Leaked, and the Russo Brothers Want You to Avoid Then
- HT: ‘Y: The Last Man’ Loses Both Showrunners But Still Moves Forward at FX
- Ben: John Cena in Talks to Suit Up For James Gunn’s ‘The Suicide Squad’
- HT: ‘Swamp Thing’ Shuts Down Early as One Cast Member Suggests a Troubled Production
- Also Exclusive: The DC Universe Streaming Service is Not in Danger, Even as ‘Swamp Thing’ Ends Production Early
- ‘Swamp Thing’ TV Series Teaser Rises Up for DC Universe
All the other stuff you need to know:
- You can find more about all the stories we mentioned on today’s show at slashfilm.com, and linked inside the show notes.
- /Film Daily is published every weekday, bringing you the most exciting news from the world of movies and television as well as deeper dives into the great features from slashfilm.com.
- You can subscribe to /Film Daily on iTunes, Google Podcasts, Overcast, Spotify and all the popular podcast apps (RSS).
- Send your feedback, questions, comments and concerns to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please leave your name and general geographic location in case we mention the e-mail on the air.
- Please rate and review the podcast on iTunes, tell your friends and spread the word!
- Thanks to Sam Hume for our logo.