Top Security Stories this Week:
• Google uses its "SensorVault" to help catch the bad guys.
• Time to update Drupal again.
• Facebook steals users' email contact lists, logs plaintext Instagram passwords
• Russia moves closer to adopting "Internet Master Cutoff Switch" legislation.
• A reminder that "USB Killers" are a real thing.
• Marcus Hutchins' plea deal
• A new(ish) actively exploited Windows 0-day
• A bunch of Microsoft Edge news
• Windows 7 end-of-life notices
• Something from the "I did say this was bound to happen" department
• Detailed threat research from Cisco's Talos group about the leveraging of DNS epionage.
Hosts: Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/security-now.
You can submit a question to Security Now! at the GRC Feedback Page.
For 16kbps versions, transcripts, and notes (including fixes), visit Steve's site: grc.com, also the home of the best disk maintenance and recovery utility ever written Spinrite 6.
- canary.tools/twit - use code: TWIT