In this episode, Oliver interviews Tiffany Chu (@tchu88), co-founder and COO at Remix to discuss the role of software in helping cities plan for better use of their streets and help them harness the benefits of micromobility.Specifically we cover:
- The story of Remix and how they came to found it.
- The predominant use cases for cities in utilising their software, and how this helps break down silos within city governments
- The challenges she sees with the rapid growth of micromobility and cities ability to absorb these new vehicles.
- How she sees us more rapidly deploying new micromobility friendly infrastructure, and how that pares with the existing political processes in a lot of places
- An explanation of MDS and why it’s valuable for city officials
- What they’re planning to do with their recent Series B raise
- What she would recommend for entrepreneurs thinking of working with governments.
Unfortunately we lost a bit of the better quality audio halfway through so have to revert to the backup recording. Apologies.Also, as mentioned in the episode, check out the great Slate article on the MDS debate from David Zipper: https://slate.com/business/2019/04/scooter-data-cities-mds-uber-lyft-los-angeles.htmlCatch us on Twitter @MicromobilityCo. Horace and Oliver are also active on their personal accounts and would love to hear from you.Micromobility is coming to Berlin Oct 1st! Get tickets here.Our newsletter is completely free, and you can subscribe to have it in your inbox every Tuesday morning here! And for those who want more, we offer our Micromobility membership (mmm) which includes exclusive content, swag, and conference discounts, as well as live calls with Horace and team!We’re also on LinkedIn and Instagram.