This week's stories
- The Chinese propaganda app that spies on all Chinese citizens
- Chinese influence in video games, social media, and other industries - where do we draw the line?
- What is Tencent? How much influence do they have over the world? Here's how to keep them from watching your iPhone
- Can we still trust Apple? Can we trust anyone?
- At what point do we admit that we are in a multi-state information war?
- Is there any way to fine Facebook fairly? Bring back the Office of Technology Assesment!
- Remember: the answer to bad politics is not "no politics". It is good politics.
- Facebook's Libra cryptocurrency is falling apart
- There is a very good reason why politicians can lie on Facebook
- How Boris Johnson games Google
- There are no political ads in France. Could we do that in America?
- Which weird phone stands a better chance: the Essential Gem or Microsoft Duo?
- Apple Arcade is still wonderful.
- How much do Americans know about tech? Not a lot. What should we do about that?
- SCOTUS decides websites must be accessible to blind people
- Lithium-ion battery inventors win Nobel Prize
Host: Leo Laporte
Guests: Patrick Beja, Brianna Wu, and Nate Lanxon
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-tech