Rob Jones, Marine Corps Veteran, US Paralympic Medalist, ultra-endurance athlete who’s completed 31 marathons in 31 days and rode across country on a bicycle in the dead of winter, and a congressional candidate in the 10th district of Virginia, joins our show in this special episode of the Elite Man Podcast! In today’s episode Rob talks about the fateful day in Afghanistan where he got hit with by an explosive and ultimately lost both his legs. He talks about the crazy, real-time experience, his recovery thereafter, and his incredible resolve and determination throughout. Rob also shares his mindset and optimism after recovery and what it was like pushing himself physically and mentally to where only the most elite athletes in the world can go, and why he lets nothing hold him back! If you’re wondering how to bounce back from life’s greatest setbacks and challenges, check this episode out now!
*Download this episode now and subscribe to our channel to get more of these amazing interviews!
In our episode we go over:
- Rob’s time in the Marine Corps and his job finding buried weapons caches
- The fateful day in Afghanistan that would forever change the course of Rob’s life
- What it was like getting hit by an explosive device and Rob’s initial thoughts and feelings in that moment
- Whether he regrets his time in the Marines and whether he wishes he could have done anything different with regard to finding the IED
- Why he initially wanted to die after being blown up but why he never considered this again during and after his recovery
- Why recovering for Rob was considered kind of fun
- How long it took Rob to recover and what that entire process entailed
- Rob’s positive mindset throughout the process and why he needed to be strong
- Finding motivation and inspiration from others and why being selfless even during this difficult time was one of the keys to coming back for him
- Why Rob decided to pick up rowing and eventual compete at a world-class level
- The training that Rob undertook and the difficulty in perfecting his skill
- Riding across country on a bicycle in six months
- Why Rob road across country and what it was like on a day-in-and-day-out basis
- Running 31 marathons in 31 days and the challenge on Rob’s body physically and mentally for this feat
- Whether or not Rob gets down on himself at times and wishes the injury never happened
- Whether or not there are things he can’t do and what he does to get past things that may hinder him
- Why Rob is running for congress in Virginia and what he hopes to accomplish as a congressional member
- Healing the political divide in this country
- Why Rob is trying to unify people and bring America together despite that ongoing negativity and hate
Check out Rob on:
*Follow Justin on Instagram now for daily content not found anywhere else!
* Have you joined the Elite Man Newsletter yet? If not, get on it now! Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and sign up to get special Elite Man content not seen nor heard anywhere else. Get all of our bonus podcast information, sneak peaks into upcoming shows, behind-the-scenes content, special offers, and exclusive Elite Man updates you won’t find anywhere else. I’m telling you if you’re not on our newsletter yet you’re missing out. Go to EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter and become a true member of the Elite Man Community. I look forward to speaking soon. EliteManMagazine.com/newsletter.
*You can achieve your master’s degree while balancing work and home life. Start earning your master’s degree today! Enroll now by going to Ashford.edu/ELITEMAN.