Carmen, Mat, and Jon are joined by Steve Francia and Julie Qiu to discuss the new Go.dev website. What was the motivation behind it? What technology was used to build it? How are they working to make package discovery better? And what resources are there to help you convince your manager to use Go on that upcoming project?
Discuss on Changelog News
Linode – Our cloud server of choice. Deploy a fast, efficient, native SSD cloud server for only $5/month. Get 4 months free using the code changelog2019. Start your server - head to linode.com/changelog.
Brain Science – For the curious! Brain Science is our new podcast exploring the inner-workings of the human brain to understand behavior change, habit formation, mental health, and being human. It’s Brain Science applied — not just how does the brain work, but how do we apply what we know about the brain to transform our lives.
Algorithms with Go – A free Go course where panelist Jon Calhoun teaches you how algorithms and data structures work, how to implement them in Go code, and where to practice at. Great for learning Go, learning about algorithms for the first time, or refreshing your algorithmic knowledge.
- Julie Qiu – Twitter, GitHub
- Steve Francia – Twitter, GitHub
- Carmen Andoh – Twitter, GitHub
- Mat Ryer – Twitter, GitHub, LinkedIn, Website
- Jon Calhoun – Twitter, GitHub, Website
Notes and Links
- go.dev - A new hub for Go devs created by the Go team
- pkg.go.dev - The package discovery portion of Go.dev
- “Imported By” example - An example of a package and its imports on Go.dev
- email@example.com - Feedback email address
- go-licenses - A tool to check go package licenses