Digging into Kurzweil’s deficient view of culture and human nature—from sex and family to epistemology and human dignity.
The Age of Spiritual Machines, Ray Kurzweil
Things mentioned on the show
- Stephen’s music blog
- 7.06 and 7.07: The ERLC AI Statement Parts 1 and 2
- Mass Effect and Mass Affection
- The Matrix
- I, Robot
- Tolkien, Aüle, dwarves:
- Dwarves: Origin at Tolkien Gateway
- Aüle: The Creation of the Dwarves at Lord of the Rings Wiki
- Turing test and Alan Turing
- Lanier via Jacobs, 59th thesis
- May: Jurassic Park, Michael Crichton (and the movie!)
- June: Dark Matters: On the Surveillance of Blackness, Simone Brown
- “SOL” by Pascal Schumacher
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho.
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Daniel Ellcey
- Douglas Campos
- Jake Grant
- Marnix Klooster
- Spencer Smith
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.
We love to hear your thoughts. Hit us up via Twitter, Facebook, or email!