This week Horace joins Oliver to talk about the news that Segway has ended production of the PT and the new announcements from Apple and how they pertain to Micromobility. They also trial a news segment at the beginning of the show.
Specifically they dig into:
- What didn’t work about the Segway, and comparable failures in history
- The risks of over engineering products without feedback or specifically only asking for feedback from B2B customers when trying to build a general appeal product.
- The innovations required to take the promise of the Segway to what we see today
- The pathway for adoption, and the risks involved in ‘crossing the chasm’ between early adopters and the early majority.
- The new announcements from Apple and how they might be deployed in the Micromobility industry including AppleKey and the forthcoming Apple tile/data network.
- How to think about Apple’s efforts in Micromobility from a phone, wearables and accessories perspective
- Whether the ‘platform-ization’ of Micromobility will happen in the vehicle or be captured at the phone level.
If you like the latest news, check out the Micromobility Newsletter at micromobility.io - Luke, our editor and conference lead, is an utter master at finding the best and latest, and we also have a job board for jobs in the space. Can’t recommend it highly enough.
Let us know what you think of the episode @asymco and @oliverbruce!