Google outages, Facebook ads against Apple, Google WFH, Blob Opera
- The Blob Opera.
- Facebook goes after Apple in newspaper ads.
- Facebook is a Doomsday Machine.
- Apple's big mobile ad industry change.
- Facebook's new TLDR service to summarize the news.
- Facebook's Super to compete with Cameo.
- Two big Google outages and how it affects business.
- Google's WFH strategy is becoming more permanent.
- 64-camera lighting rig that trained portrait lighting AI.
- Google Photos gets a bunch of new features.
- Google acquires Neverware.
- Google Design Best of 2020.
- Apple TV app coming to Chromecast.
- Some Google One tiers getting a 50% price cut.
- Nest Hub Max can now make Zoom video calls.
- Google Home Max is now dead.
- December Pixel feature drop is out.
- Picks of the week:
- Stacey's pick: The Spritzer.
- Jeff's number: MacKenzie Scott gives away $4b to 300+ orgs in four months.
- Ant's pick: Budget-friendly camera gimbal from Feiyutech.
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Jeff Jarvis, Stacey Higginbotham, and Ant Pruitt
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
- Technology Powers X - TWIG
- Command Line Heroes - TWIG