A popular family-friendly ride at DreamWorld would claim the lives of four people in 2016. In nearly thirty years of operation the ride had several similar but non-fatal incidents with blame placed on the operator every time, when a three thousand dollar modification could have prevented a horrific incident.
With John Chidgey.
Links of Potential Interest:
- River Rapids Ride
- Thunder River Rapids Ride
- Dreamworld operator Ardent Leisure Fined $3.6M for Thunder River Rapids Ride Deaths
- Class Action Over Dreamworld Deaths
- Shutdown Impacts Dreamworld’s Plans For New Rollercoaster
- Dreamworld Chief Resigns After Damning Evidence At Inquest
- Dreamworld Pays $1.8M In Termination Payouts
- Dreamworld’s Missing Accountability
- Dreamworld Accident Spurs Queensland Safety Crackdown
Support Causality on Patreon
Episode sponsor:Many Tricks:
If you’re looking for some Mac software that can do Many Tricks remember to specifically visit the URL below for more information about their amazingly useful apps. Don’t forget the return of Usher with the Usher 2 Pre-Sale!
Visit manytricks.com/pragmatic and use the Coupon Code (listen to the episode to get the code)
for 25% off the total price of your order. Hurry it's only for a limited time!
Episode Gold Producer:
Episode Silver Producers:
Mitch Biegler, John Whitlow, Kevin Koch, Oliver Steele, Lesley Law Chan, Hafthor and Shane O'Neill.