Date: 14th March 2021
Name of show: A Midlife Less Ordinary
Episode title and number: Season 1 Episode 10
Brief summary of show:
Episode 10 of this A Midlife Less Ordinary season sees Wayne & Trev on a virtual pilgrimage to their childhood spent in the town they grew up in at the seafront arcades. The sounds, the smells and the of all things dropped sausages all get a mention here as the arcade nostalgia is bought to the front of their minds.
Who remembers the iconic Defender and Asteroids and the difficulty the games were set at which were consuming your 10 pence pieces by the bucket load. Co-host Wayne had almost forgotten how much of his childhood had been influenced by the arcades and their treasure trove of games and it comes across here as he seems more than a little bit excited at remembering the theme tunes to those blockbuster games. Trev, as always explains how he could afford to go on any game he liked as he had an abundance of cash at all times of life.
Bullet points of key topics & time stamps:
· You know, like in like a building society or bank, they've got the counters with the little slots. They'd push you over there but they'd never speak to you. They'd look at you as though like you again. Now. Yeah, so theism but they were either like kind of women in their 50s with dodgy perms and shell suits on younger people doing a part time job but no they were looking for something Yeah, they wouldn't even look up with those you say no give give it to them.
· Yeah. Yeah. Still, you still get that feeling? I tell you what Trev because I know he's not saying you've really looked into her. I'll send you some of the links to some of the places I've been looking into graphic artwork, because it does evoke them memories of being young again. Yeah,
● Please visit our website where you can see our previous episodes, interact with Wayne & Trev, review our show and much more https://www.amlopodcast.com/
- https://www.banginbeards.com/ Trev's beard product of choice. Use code "THEDUDE" for a 10% discount off all purchases.
- Please support the podcast by signing up as a member on Patreon. https://www.patreon.com/amlopodcast
- 30% of all subscriptions will go straight to Prostate Cancer UK , our charity of choice.
The balance will go towards creating quality content so we can grow the podcast and help our charity even more. We will be transparent regarding all donations and will post evidence.
● Social media platforms