This week we’ve been learning Davinci Resolve and instrumenting our house with DHT11 sensors. We round up the goings on from the Ubuntu community and discuss our favourite picks from the wider tech news.
It’s Season 14 Episode 15 of the Ubuntu Podcast! Alan Pope, Mark Johnson and Martin Wimpress are connected and speaking to your brain.
In this week’s show:
* We discuss what we’ve been up to recently:
* Martin as been learning Davinci Resolve.
* Alan has been playing with DHT11 temperature sensors.
* We discuss the community news:
* Kai-Fu Lee’s Sinovation bets on Linux tablet maker Jingling in $10M round
* Yet more erroneous Ubuntu takedowns
* WINE Patches make Roblox work on Linux
* FOSSHost rolls back partnership with Freenode
* freenode finds another shark to jump
* Mike Ybarra teases Linux gamers
* Sommelier-Core gets some love
* We discuss the news:
* UK competition watchdog begins probe into Apple and Google’s total domination of the mobile landscape
* Web founder Berners-Lee to auction source code as NFT
* Google uses AI to rapidly design computer chips
* How the FBI’s Trojan Shield operation exposed a criminal underworld
* Image credit: Guido Coppa
* We are running a crowd funder to cover our audio production costs on Patreon.
* You can listen to the Ubuntu Podcast back catalogue on YouTube.
That’s all for this week! If there’s a topic you’d like us to discuss, or you have any feedback on previous shows, please send your comments and suggestions to email@example.com or Tweet us or Toot us or Comment on our Facebook page or comment on our sub-Reddit.
* Join us in the Ubuntu Podcast Telegram group.