- Techdirt Is Now Entirely Without Any Google Ads Or Tracking Code.
- Yes, Actually, The 1st Amendment Does Mean That Twitter Can Kick You Off Its Platform, Wall Street Journal.
- Klobuchar targets vaccine misinformation with Section 230 bill.
- Pixel 6 Preview: Here's What Google's First Smartphone Chip Can Do.
- Nikkei: Google Tensor is a 5nm chip and Samsung is handling production.
- Facebook disables accounts tied to NYU's research into political ads.
- Why Facebook's claims about the Ad Observer are wrong.
- 'It has to be known what was done to us': Natick couple harassed by eBay tell their story for the first time.
- Tencent cuts kids' playing time on flagship game Honour of Kings to appease Beijing.
- Google's 'time crystals' could be the greatest scientific achievement of our lifetimes.
- The App With the Unprintable Name That Wants to Give Power to Creators.
- Google+ class action starts paying out $2.15 for G+ privacy violations.
- Top German Court Says Facebook Must Inform Users About Deleting Their Posts Or Suspending Their Account, Explain Why, And Allow Them To Respond.
- Google takes legal action over Germany's expanded hate-speech law.
- Google founders have sold $1 billion in stock since May, the most since 2017.
- Amazon plans to cut waste following backlash over the destruction of unused products.
- YouTube bans Murdoch's SkyNews Australia for a week over COVID disinformation.
- YouTube's $100 million Shorts Fund to challenge TikTok goes live.
- Amazon's Covid Dilemma: Mandate Vaccinations and Risk Losing Warehouse Workers.
- Amazon will give you a whole $10 for your palm print.
- This $55 Amazon Smart Soap Dispenser is dumb as dirt.
- Seth Rogen Assures Fans He's Alive and Well After Hilarious TikTok Questions His Wellbeing.
- A PBS for the Internet? (Jarvis: No thanks)
- Biden Warns That The Next Kinetic War Will Be The Result Of A Cyberattack, Which Is Stupid.
- Google will kill off very old versions of Android next month.
- Chrome OS 92 rolling out: Redesigned emoji & picker, eSIM support, pre-installed Meet PWA.
- Google Chrome to no longer show secure website indicators.
- Chrome for Android becoming a 2FA security key for Google Account sign-in.
- YouTube 'Premium Lite' subscription offers ad-free viewing for less.
- August security patch rolling out to Google Pixel, factory images & OTAs live.
- Jeff - 40 years since MTV launch
- Ant - LumaFusion updated for iOS
- Ant - Sign Up for the Wanderers Photo Workshop in NOLA
- Leo - Waze now lets you use Master Chief's voice as your guide
- Leo - MTV First Four Hours Remastered - 12am Saturday August 1st, 1981
Hosts: Leo Laporte, Jeff Jarvis, and Ant Pruitt
Guest: Mike Masnick
Download or subscribe to this show at https://twit.tv/shows/this-week-in-google.
Get episodes ad-free with Club TWiT at https://twit.tv/clubtwit