In This Episode…
We talk with Kitcasters’ Co-founder Brandy Whalen about podcasts. It’s an interesting industry that has exploded over the past two years. We talk about, the commitment it takes to produce a podcast, tools, metrics, Clubhouse, the difference between Clubhouse and podcasts, and more!
· [00:50] Are you a coffee or tea drinker?
· [01:55] Can you give a brief overview of your expertise?
· [02:49] What do brands not understand about podcasting?
· [04:21] Brand do not understand that they can do internal podcasts only?
· [05:49] How should brands approach podcasters and how should podcasters approach brands?
· [07:17] How should podcasters and brands approach ads, should it be long term or short term?
· [08:14] What should podcasters and brands figure out on how to use drop-in/drop-out audio?
· [12:34] Should we be thinking of podcasting like Youtube videos and Clubhouse like live streaming?
· [13:08] How should PR pros go about pitching their influencers to podcasters?
· [14:52] Should PR pros increase their ad spend on podcasts?
· [17:17] What tools should PR pros use to repurpose podcast content?
· [18:47] Do you use any tools for transcriptions?
· [19:38] What are some tips for PR pros who are wanting to start a podcast?
· [24:31] Fun question: If you were to start a brand new podcast, what would it be?
· [25:50] Final thoughts
People and Companies, We Mentioned in the Show
· Brandy Whalen was our guest today. Learn more about Kitcaster.
Episode Length: 27:00
Thanks so much for tuning in. Join us again next week for another episode!
· Listen and subscribe to Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Google Podcast, or your favorite podcast player for free!
· If you enjoyed this episode, leave us a review!