Diabetes Core Update is a monthly podcast that presents and discusses the latest clinically relevant articles from the American Diabetes Association’s four science and medical journals – Diabetes, Diabetes Care, Clinical Diabetes, and Diabetes Spectrum. Each episode is approximately 20 minutes long and presents 5-6 recently published articles from ADA journals.
Intended for practicing physicians and health care professionals, Diabetes Core Update discusses how the latest research and information published in journals of the American Diabetes Association are relevant to clinical practice and can be applied in a treatment setting.
This issue will review:
- Replacement of Sedentary Behavior by Physical Activities and Structured Exercises and Incident Type 2 Diabetes
- Glucose Regulation Beyond HbA1c in Type 2 Diabetes Treated With Insulin
- Chronic Prescribing Trends of Antidiabetes Medications in Patients With Type 2 Diabetes and Diabetic Kidney Disease
- Type 2 Diabetes Legacy Effect
- Nationwide Trends in Cardiac Risk and Mortality in Patients With Incident Type 2 Diabetes: A Danish Cohort Study
For more information about each of ADA’s science and medical journals, please visit www.diabetesjournals.org.
Neil Skolnik, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Associate Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Abington Jefferson Health
John J. Russell, M.D., Professor of Family and Community Medicine, Sidney Kimmel Medical College, Thomas Jefferson University; Director, Family Medicine Residency Program, Chair-Department of Family Medicine, Abington Jefferson Health