The climate crisis is the defining issue of our age, and to fight it effectively, we’ll have to redesign our world. That requires money and technological innovation – but it also demands knowledge of local communities, and policymaking. Dawn Lippert works at the intersection of all of those issues.
She’s the founder and CEO of Elemental Excelerator, a non-profit incubator that helps climate-focused startups deploy their technologies. In September 2021, Elemental spun out a $60m venture-capital fund that will help entrepreneurs tackling climate change to scale their solutions more rapidly. She joins Azeem Azhar to discuss how innovative climate tech companies can make it to market, and why workers at Silicon Valley’s biggest companies are flocking to the fight against climate change.
They also discuss:
- The real-world challenges climate tech investors need to understand.
- What Silicon Valley investors need to learn to work in climate tech.
- Why climate impact investing is about more than reducing greenhouse gases.
- Elemental Excelerator: global non-profit at the intersection of climate, innovation and equity
- Ampaire: electric aircraft with real utility
- Dimensional Energy: transforming CO2 from waste to resource