Star Trek TOS Book Revue with Ian Spelling, Dan Chavkin & Brian McGuire
Even after 55 years, there are still new stories to discover about the original Star Trek series! This week, we take a look at two new, very different, and very fascinating books about the Trek series that started it all.
First up, Dan Chavkin and Brian McGuire stop by to discuss "Star Trek: Designing the Final Frontier: The Untold Story of How Midcentury Modern Decor Shaped Our View of the Future," a book all about the Modernist, Futurist and Brutalist design elements, architecture, interior design, and art that made TOS look so iconic.
Following our discussion of that book, journalist Ian Spelling sits down with us to tell us about "Star Trek: The Original Series: A Celebration." Co-authored by Ben Robinson and released through Hero Collector, this hardcover coffee table book is perfect for new Trekkies and hardcore fans alike, gathering interviews from the stars, supporting actors, and behind-the-scenes crew to tell the story of Star Trek from the beginning in a gorgeous format. Plus, news and updates on other upcoming projects coming out from Hero Collector!
Best of all, make sure you don't miss the part about entering our contest sponsored by Hero Collector to win a copy of the "Star Trek TOS: A Celebration" book for yourself. Just listen this week to learn how to enter!
- Order "Star Trek: Designing the Final Frontier: How Midcentury Modernism Shaped Our View of the Future" here - https://amzn.to/3BF5BTd
- Order "Star Trek TOS: A Celebration" - https://amzn.to/3awAKw6
- The Voyager Celebration book - https://amzn.to/3FH6EUV
Inside NY Comic Con During COVID-19: https://youtu.be/kQSxXhjBV78
Visit Pancan.org to support the Trek against Pancreatic Cancer
Please subscribe to our YouTube channel and hit the notifications button to be updated when we go live or upload our next video!
Support Trek Untold by checking out our merchandise at https://teespring.com/stores/trekuntold or become a Patreon at Patreon.com/TrekUntold.
Trek Untold is sponsored by Triple-Fiction Productions, a US-based company that 3-D prints Trek-inspired prop replicas for fan films and cosplayers, as well as accessories and playsets for all iterations of Trek figures through the years. Visit them at Triple-Fictionproductions.net.
Don't forget to subscribe to the show and leave a rating if you like us!
The views expressed on air during Trek Untold do not represent the views of the RAGE Works staff, partners, or affiliates.
Follow Trek Untold on Social Media
- Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/trekuntold
- Twitter: https://www.twitter.com/trekuntold
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trekuntold
Follow Nerd News Today on Social Media
- Twitter: Twitter.com/NerdNews2Day
- Instagram: Instagram.com/NerdNewsToday
- Facebook: Facebook.com/NerdNewsToday
Trek Untold is sponsored by Treksphere.com, powered by the RAGE Works Podcast Network, and affiliated with Nerd News Today.
Check Out Some of the Other Shows on the RAGE Works Network
- Call Me When It's Over: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/cmwio/
- Cheese! A Photography Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/capp/
- Black is the New Black: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/bitnb/
- The Variant Issue: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tvi/
- Turnbuckle Tabloid: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/tbt/
- Toys & Tech of the Trade: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/ttott/
- The Eat 4 Life Podcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/eat4life/
- The Funkohub POPcast: https://www.rageworksnetwork.com/show/funkohub-popcast/