While plant science missed out on yet another Nobel prize, you are not missing out on yet another great plant science episode. We have a hairy balled plant, some evidence about ATP and a whole Can of Spinach!
- Bits und Bäume
- Carbon Offsets: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO)
- Gomphocarpus physocarpus – Wikipedia
- Gomphocarpus physocarpus
- Reward research for being useful — not just flashy
- A bryophyte-like polymer layer protected supercapacitor electrode with enhanced cycling stability
- A nuclear import pathway exploited by pathogenic noncoding RNAs
- Every Life Form on Earth Uses The Same Chemical For Energy. This Could Explain Why. : ScienceAlert
- A prebiotic basis for ATP as the universal energy currency | PLOS Biology
- Massive crossover suppression by CRISPR–Cas-mediated plant chromosome engineering
- Algae as microscopic biorefineries — ScienceDaily
- In vivo Olefin Metathesis in Microalgae Upgrades Lipids to Building Blocks for Polymers and Chemicals – Schunck – Angewandte Chemie International Edition – Wiley Online Library
- Structure of wheat immune protein resolved — important tool in the battle for food security — ScienceDaily
- A wheat resistosome defines common principles of immune receptor channels | Nature
- CAN OF SPINACH, a novel long non-coding RNA, affects iron deficiency responses in Arabidopsis thaliana
- Ahmet’s answer on twitter
- Watch A Houseplant Control A Machete-Wielding Robotic Arm, For Science | IFLScience
- Increasing evidence that bears are not carnivores: Given a choice, captive bears mimic mixed diets of wild peers — ScienceDaily
- Ursids evolved early and continuously to be low-protein macronutrient omnivores | Scientific Reports
All views are our own. If you want to comment or correct anything we said, leave a comment under this post or reach out to us via twitter, facebook or instagram.
Our opening and closing music is Caravana by Phillip Gross
Until next time!