Podland supports both transcripts and chapters, if your podcast app doesn’t then grab a new app from podnews.net/newpodcastapps
- Todd Cochrane
- Alban Brooke
Show Notes & Links:
- Spotify is cancelling eleven of its original shows. Those cancelled represent less than 2% of Spotify’s more than 500 original podcasts; but it’s likely to result in “less than 5% of Spotify’s staff on original podcasts” being laid off.
- The Gimlet Union and Parcast Union have tweeted a statement about the 38 layoffs across Spotify. They say that some shows lost as much as three-quarters of their audience when going exclusive; and that employees were given as little as an hour to close out their work and leave.
- Steven Goldstein suggests that the podcast business is being “right-sized”
- Spotify has acquired platform safety company Kinzen.
- Spotify’s Podsights ad measurement service has launched in the UK, France, Germany, Spain and Italy.
- Podcast·ai has made a show where Joe Rogan interviews Steve Jobs.
- Todd Cochrane’s Geek News Central Podcast turns 18 years old this week. The first episode of the show was recorded on Oct 9 2004. It was one of the first shows to launch using the word “podcast”, and is up to episode 1,628.
- Phase 6 of the new podcast namespace proposes a number of new tags.
- podcast:events allows for real-time communication back to the podcaster
- podcast:txt is for freeform content, to replace email addresses as feed verification.
Support the show
Get in touch with our weekly review of all things podcasting!
- Website: www.podland.news
- Twitter: @jamescridland and @samsethi
- Boosts: ⚡firstname.lastname@example.org and ⚡email@example.com