Michigan Constitution/Article 1/Section 15: Double jeopardy; bailable offenses; commencement of trial if bail denied; bail hearing; effective date.
In this podcast, we will continue our conversation about Double Jeopardy and how you are protected by the Michigan Constitution. Cases we will discuss will involve:
* What happens when a Prosecutor intentionally throws the case in order to get a mistrial?
* When an Eye Doctor pleads guilty to a misdemeanor, if the Judge doesn’t revoke his medical license, is it Double Jeopardy for the State Licensing Board to take it away from him?
* What is Manifest Necessity? How does it apply against Double Jeopardy?
* Do multiple prison sentences by crimes committed in one transaction, violate Double Jeopardy?
* How does Duel Sovereignty and Double Jeopardy mesh? Or, do they conflict?