In which Stephen and Chris are back at it, with a discussion of the role advertising plays in the modern web—the good, the bad, the ugly, and the wonderfully hilarious. What makes advertising good or bad? How do companies get “native ads” right—and wrong?
Before You Go
- Denny’s Tumblr
- John Gruber/Daring Fireball
- Ben Thompson/Stratechery
- Why Web Pages Suck, on the same topic as today’s show… but posted two days after we recorded it.
- Andrew Sullivan/The Dish
- Europe’s demands on Greece
- The Parable of the Unforgiving Servant
- “Marina and I”, by The Gorgeous Chans. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho. Used by… uh… yeah, we kind of have permission to do whatever we want. Of course, it’s Creative Commons Attribution licensed, meaning so do you. How neat is that?
Many thanks to the people who help us make this show possible by their financial support! This month’s sponsors:
- Jeremy W. Sherman
- Jeremy Cherfas
If you’d like to support the show, you can make a pledge at Patreon or give directly via Square Cash.