Show NotesIn which we ask: Is Elon Musk really Iron Man? (We have no evidence that he has a suit, but really, it seems like he should.) We reflect on how longer-term approaches are helping Tesla and SpaceX do things that few other companies are doing, how we hope other companies learn from their example, and how it would be nice if “capitalism” meant what it used to mean—long-term investment, not short-term greed.
Before You Go
- “In Chapel Hill Shooting of 3 Muslims, a Question of Motive”
- “NC State Hosts Funeral, Vigil, Continues Counseling”
- “Just Like Moonlight” by Inner Outlaws. Sounds like James Bond, perfect for Elon Musk-as-Iron Man. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme” by Chris Krycho, who has been practicing piano so that he’ll eventually be able to sit down at some glorious Bösendorfer or Steinway and dazzle you with a real version of this.
- Elon Musk
- Tesla Motors
- Model S
- Model X
- “Four Reasons Why Tesla Won’t Sink (Even If the Signs Say It Should)”
- “Tesla’s Q4 Results Show Lots of Cars and Lots of Losses”
- “Reusability: The Key to Making Human Life Multi-Planetary”
- “SpaceX: launch successful, landing not so much”
- “DSCOVR space weather satellite launched by SpaceX successfully”
- “SpaceX elbows into Air Force launch program after dropping lawsuit”