We talk about Facebook’s much-discussed study of user responses to variations in their News Feed: what did Facebook do, exactly? Was it ethical? What responsibilities do users and consumers of different media (social included) have? What reponsibilities do companies have to their users?
- Intro (1:08)
- Facebook’s Social (Network) Science (1:08–12:02)
- User Responsibility (12:02–17:46)
- Corporate Ethics (17:46–27:00)
- Conclusion (27:00–30:00)
- “Summerooms Social”, from Summerooms [original master] by Summerooms. Used by permission.
- “Winning Slowly Theme”, by Chris Krycho. Used by dint of being written the show. Also: it’s sweeeet.
- Facebook tinkered with users’ feeds for a massive psychology experiment, by William Hughes
- In Defense of Facebook, by Tal Yarkoni (and see the comments for a helpful back-and-forth)