My guest this episode is Josh Wulf of the Wulf Cocktail Den. He’s a great guy who’s really passionate about making delicious cocktails and connecting with other people over a well-made drink.
The goal of this episode is to give you a high level overview of the unsung heroes of the cocktail ingredient world: bitters, vermouths, and liqueurs. But in addition to a lot of great knowledge about those, we also hit a lot of other topics, including:
- The similarities and differences between bitters, vermouths, and liqueurs
- Historical oddities and word origins
- The bitters, vermouths and liqueurs that you should have on your bar cart
- How James Bond “disrupted” the Martini
- The value of drinking with your grandfather
- And much, much more.