Kevin Kruse, the author of Great Leaders Have No Rules, join us today to discuss why rule-based leadership leads to failure. Importantly, Kevin bases this key insight on over 200 interviews with well-known business leaders across a range of disciplines. Based on these conversations Kevin has distilled 10 key insights that any leader can use to build a culture that is based on trust vs. mere rule following. In This Episode
- How every “got a minute” request kills productivity across your company.
- Why rules disengage 99% of your employees to reduce risk from 1% of your employees.
- Why being likable is more important than being liked as a leader.
- The difference between favoritism and focusing on your higher achieving team members.
- All leaders are role models whether they want to be or not.
- The importance of having a framework that empowers decision making vs. mere rule setting.
- Why principles tend to beat out process in business.
- Kevin’s Book: Great Leaders Have No Rules
- Kevin’s Website: https://www.kevinkruse.com/