Adafruit enables beginners to make amazing hardware/software projects.
With CircuitPython, these projects can now use Python.
The combination of Python's ease of use and Adafruit's super cool hardware and a focus on a successful beginner experience makes learning to write code that controls hardware super fun.
In this episode, Scott Shawcroft, the project lead, talks about the past, present, and future of CircuitPython, and discusses the focus on the beginner.
We also discuss contributing to the project, testing CircuitPython, and many of the cool projects and hardware boards that can use CircuitPython, and Blinka, a library to allow you to use "CircuitPython APIs for non-CircuitPython versions of Python such as CPython on Linux and MicroPython," including Raspberry Pi.
Special Guest: Scott Shawcroft.
- Patreon Supporters: Help support the show with as little as $1 per month and be the first to know when new episodes come out.
- Downloads — All the products that run CircuitPython
- Learning Guides with CircuitPython
- Loading CircuitPython on Circuit Playground Express
- Adafruit Discord Server
- Scott Shawcroft (@tannewt) / Twitter