Welcome to the first in a new series of podcasts from the Leaders Performance Institute and our partners Keiser.
Over the next few months you’ll hear from human performance experts from around the world, discussing best practice, the role of technology and what the future of training and rehabilitation might look like.
In this first episode we sat down with Jimmy Pritchard, who is Director of Strength and Conditioning at the the renowned Ski & Snowboard Club Vail in Colorado.
He discusses the club's recently affiliation with US Ski & Snowboard and the variety of champion athletes it has hosted, including Lindsay Vonn, Mikaela Shiffrin as well as Sidney Crosby's Pittsburgh Penguins.
Also on the agenda were:
- Pritchard's typical working week [7:50];
- The energy systems of winter sports athletes [11:10];
- The importance of understanding training age [12:22];
- The use of internal and external cueing in S&C [15:40];
- Pritchard's biggest lesson in S&C [20:15].