In this part two of this natural wine crash course with certified sommelier Joey Fox, some of the topics we discuss include:
- Why the term “natural” in natural wine encounters some of the same definitions issues as many products in the spirits world. Think “craft” or “small batch” - terms that are ambiguous and somewhat relative.
- Which multi-thousand dollar bottle of wine has been quietly produced as a natural wine without really any public knowledge.
- How Joey and other winemakers make progress on their craft and share ideas to advance natural wine in the public view.
- What the term “biodynamic farming” means, and what it holds for the future of both sustainability and flavor.
- How Old Westminster winery is undertaking a cool new project with hybrid grapes that could revolutionize the way we think about winemaking in America - a place where controlled denominations of origin aren’t held in as high regard compared to elsewhere in the world.
- What to drink while eating street food in Japan with Anthony Bourdain
- And much, much more.