In this episode, Eric catches up with Chris Kiertz (@cocktail_chris) about his pet project, The Home Bar Awards - an inclusive monthly cocktail competition hosted on Instagram designed specifically for home bartenders. Some of the topics we discuss include:
- How Chris fell back in love with the spirits and cocktail industry and fused it with his love of marketing to build a number of extremely popular cocktail instagram accounts.
- What The Home Bar Awards are all about, including how to participate in this wide open competition and what some of the monthly challenges have entailed to-date.
- The way that Chris went about creating connections in the service industry and how his dedication and hard work resulted in collaborations with some of the top bartenders in the world.
- His latest project, a cocktail rating app called “Sidecar” (see, I told you we’d come back to it) - and how this foray into the tech space can help people evaluate drinks at their favorite bars.
- Advice for taking beautiful pictures of the cocktails you make at home
- What New Jersey cocktail to drink with legendary entrepreneur Gary Vaynerchuk
- And much, much more