Some of the topics we discuss with Ben Turner, creator of Earth No Patio include:
- How Ben’s experiences in the art and culinary world led him to this structured, yet highly associative experiment of pairing recipes with soundscapes.
- Why some of the best (or most efficient) recipes can seem almost boring or banal, but tend to be extremely thoughtful in their structure and sequence.
- The intuitive process by which Ben selects the recipes he features on Earth No Patio - from bland, unassuming Italian eggplant recipes, to Ayurvedic dishes that comment on bile color and bodily excrement.
- Why Ben views cocktail recipes as punctuation in his podcast, as well as a few thoughts on the wild and funky barscapes he’s been playing with in recent episodes.
- What to drink while chatting with Avante Garde composer and artist John Cage,
- And much, much more.