In episode 21 of This Week in Virology, hosts Vincent Racaniello, Dick Despommier, Alan Dove, and special guest Max Gottesman, discuss an unusual wasp-virus symbiosis, influenza transmission and absolute humidity, how mosquitoes survive Dengue virus infection, and viruses of bacteria.
Links in the episode indlude:
- Unusual wasp-virus symbiosis
- Absolute humidity modulates influenza virus transmission, survival, and seasonality
- How mosquitoes survive Dengue virus infection
- Little Lambda, Who Made Thee?
- Structure of HK97 procapsid
Science blog of the week: BioJobBlog by Cliff Mintz
Science podcast pick of the week: Distillations - a weekly science podcast that brings you extracts from the past, present, and future of chemistry
Science book of the week: The Life of a Virus by Andrea Creager