SHOW NOTES: TT 191Best New EV
- Model Y
- VW ID3
- VW ID4
- Mach E
Top Space Story
- SpaceX launches 26 rockets
- SpaceX Crew 1
- Chang’E 5 Moon Mission
- Boeing Software Failure
- SN8 best flight of the year
- JAXA Touch & Go mission
Best Announced EV
- Tesla Model $25k
- GM Hummer
- Buick Lyric
- Aptera EV
- Where’s Rivian?
Biggest Battery Announcement
- Costs reductions at Tesla Battery Day
- LG signs massive ~$10 billion deal to make batteries in Indonesia
- Tesla battery researcher shows new test results pointing to batteries lasting over 2 million miles
- Battery startup backed by VW and Tesla cofounder JB Straubel QuantumScape (QS) goes public
- Microsoft will be carbon negative by 2030
- Apple commits to be 100 percent carbon neutral for its supply chain and products by 2030
- ITC extension (Solar investment tax credit)
- A spending package President Trump signed before the New Year keeps the Investment Tax Credit at 26 percent through 2022 and at 22 percent through 2023, a policy similar to one the White House eliminated during spending negotiations at the same time last year.
- US Presidential Change of Focus on Renewables
- Joe Biden’s win presents major upside for the solar industry. The candidate campaigned on a national plan to reach 100 percent clean electricity by 2035. Solar offers a key technology to achieve that goal, with 2020 marking its second year in a row to claim the largest share of new generating capacity of any resource.
- COVID impact on pollution
- Half of the world population is under some form of lockdown due to COVID-19.
- Environmental pollution is reduced up to 30%.
- Mobility is reduced up to 90%.
- A study found that even as NO2 emissions plummeted 60% and fine particulate matter dropped 31%, global average ozone went up slightly around the world.
2021 - Tesla’s Biggest News Story