Breaking News: ELON Opening up FSD BETA Program (on Twitter)
Why do we not know how many people are in the beta? 10x is kinda meaningless without that data.
- Watched an interesting video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0pAOist3UY< showing an intersection and unprotected left turn when the opposing driver did not take the right of way and was an indicator of how the FSD reacts to that.
- Missed an entrance to a driveway and navigated to the next driveway
- Attempted to drive FSD into a self wash - Successful or not? Guesses from the boys!!
- Interesting edge case - can you guys think of any others like this?
- Does not slow down for the dips and bumps in the road - Would that be a warranty repair? Interesting thing to discuss.
- Delivery Truck double parked - How did the FSD do here?
Will Robert be getting FSD beta?
- When Tesla expanded FSD beta from social media influencers (was in 2-phases, 20 then 100) to all Tesla Owner Club leadership in early November 2020, expected users would increase from 100 -> 1,000. I did not receive confirmation though I asked for it, chalked it up to disarray at Tesla. Turns out nearly half of club leaders have legacy cars without the necessary hardware.
- How you Talking Tesla Nation can get on the list:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org include VIN & if you paid for FSD (a requirement for the first waves of Beta testers) or ….
- Tesla's CEO Elon Musk announced that the Full Self-Driving (FSD) beta program size is doubling now with the new 8.2 software update
Talking Tesla Twitter Poll: If you are a two car family and looking to get your second EV what sort of range would you be looking for?
- Looks like a Mel-phenomenon, “longer is better”
Tesla’s yoke is no joke:
- Looks like the yoke will be an option after original sightings are were all just full circle steering wheel:
- Photo by The Killowatts https://t.co/olTCz0bSbU?amp=1
- Randy Pobst and The Killowatts:
- Prefers a round wheel
- Concerned about turning more than 90 degrees
- Will be AWK in parking
- Thinks maybe a quicker turning wheel will do
- Could be speed dependent as well
- WE posted a couple videos on TT twitter
Support the show (https://www.patreon.com/talkingtesla)