Recap on acquisitions and of course Glow, iOS 14.5 (again,) listener privacy, Feedburner coming back from the dead? Amazon Music in more countries Shout-outs from Elsie, the RIAA busy with takedown notices and podcasters needing to get DMCA takedown lessons, plus of course stats, geographic and user agent!
SIGN UP FOR SOCIAL MEDIA BEST PRACTICES FOR PODCASTERS!
Join the Libsyn Beta Community TODAY!
Audience feedback drives the show. We’d love for you to email us and keep the conversation going! Email email@example.com or call 412–573–1934. We’d love to hear from you!
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER HERE! Quick Episode Summary
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- :13 Intro
- 3:38 PROMO 1: The Audiophile Style Podcast
- 4:20 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Recap of all the things acquisitions and of course Glow
- Glow and MyLibsyn?
- Guess what? iOS 14.5 should be out by the time this episode is out
- Listener privacy is not a roadblock to get around
- 33:05 PROMO 2: K12Science Podcast
- Feedburner is not dead!
- Amazon Music has opened up access to more countries and they have a new portal
- Apple Podcasts making recommendations?
- Publishing to social media from Libsyn and optimizing what it looks like
- Google has 100 million installs of Google Podcasts!
- Elsie has some shout-outs: Britany Felix, Jeni Wren Stottrup, Lauren Wrighton and Sam Sethi
- The RIAA is busy with takedown notices for podcasters
- It looks like someone else on Anchor completely pirated another podcast
- Time for a DMCA takedown lesson
- 1:09:48 PROMO 3: Making Ways Podcast
- Stats! Geographic and user agent
- The next inflection point is iOS vs Android
- PROMO 1: The Audiophile Style Podcast
- PROMO 2: K12Science Podcast
- PROMO 3: Making Ways Podcast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
- Our SpeakPipe Feedback page! Leave us feedback :)
- The Difference Between the Current & NEW Apple Podcast App
- Apple Is Rejecting Apps That Use Third-Party Code For Alleged Privacy Infractions
- Kara Swisher Interviews Apple CEO Cook for Sway
- Upcoming changes to FeedBurner in July 2021
- Amazon Prime Music Launches Podcasts in India: All You Need to Know
- Google Podcasts hits 100 million installs on Android, proving people might care about RSS after all
- Sample DMCA Take Down Letter
- Elsie on The Podcaster’s Forum with Jeni — Facebook Group
- What to expect from the new Libsyn with Elsie Escobar
- It’s all about the numbers! Google 100m, Amazon 1.5bn, Podcast Index 2.7m plus interviews with Juliana Meyer CEO Supapass and Elsie Escobar Libsyn. Podland Episode
- Elsie Escobar – Build Your Own Position - Ep 50 of Build Your Backup Plan
- Podcasting Plots to Retain New Listeners Post-Pandemic by Embracing Niche Topics, New Promotional Strategies
- Rob on Mindgap
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show! Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed! FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download The Feed App for iOS and Android
- Call 412–573–1934
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Use our Speakpipe Page