Canva integration, MGM studios, Netflix, images not showing up while searching on Google for podcasts, Artwork specs (yep, again,) all kinds of Apple Podcasts stuff including a very interesting word being censored that starts with m, and this time the stats convo is all about Call Her Daddy!
Join the beta! beta.libsyn.com/key/libsynbeta
Audience feedback drives the show. We'd love for you to contact us and keep the conversation going! Email firstname.lastname@example.org, call 412-573-1934 or leave us a message here: https://voicelink.fm/thefeed. We'd love to hear from you!**
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER! https://thefeed.libsyn.com/contact Quick Episode Summary
Featured Podcast Promos + Audio
- :13 Intro
- 3:08 PROMO 1: Not Just Another Religion and Politics Podcast
- 3:36 Rob and Elsie Conversation
- Canva integration!
- Amazon acquired MGM Studios and what that means for podcasting
- Netflix is ‘expanding’ it’s podcasting footprint
- 21:54 Voice feedback about Voicelink.fm from Neal
- How important is your description to find potential listeners?
- Why when searching on Google for podcasts, some results come out with images and some without?
- Artwork specs! Yep, we mention them again and how the wrong specs could possibly cause issues with some podcast apps updating
- 35:48 PROMO 2: I Love Kentucky
- IAB stats vs unique download stats
- Double episodes in Apple Podcasts
- 42:54 Audio feedback from Jonathan about our meet-up on shownotes! via Voicelink.fm
- Apple Podcasts, shownotes and iOS 14.6
- Good stuff about Apple supporting people with disabilities
- Apple has expanded their affiliate program to cover podcast subscriptions!
- Podcasters - hobby vs career
- Worst email of the week: how to profit from your audience
- Spotify brought downloaded podcasts to Apple Watch
- Clubhouse and Twitter Spaces!
- IAB’s survey of podcast ad revenue
- There is a word that’s being censored in Apple Podcasts as a verb, not a noun
- 1:13:35 PROMO 3: The Strokecast
- Stats EXTRA! No end of the month data yet, as when we recorded the episode it was not the end of the show
- Talking about Call Her Daddy as number 5 for Podtrac
- Where have we been?
- Where are we going?
- PROMO 1: Not Just Another Religion and Politics Podcast
- PROMO 2: I Love Kentucky
- PROMO 3: The Strokecast
Thank you to Nick from MicMe for our awesome intro!
Podcasting Articles and Links mentioned by Rob and Elsie
HELP US SPREAD THE WORD!
- Leave us voice feedback!
- Libsyn 5 Update! Webinar
- Amazon buys MGM for $8.45 billion
- Streaming Giant Netflix Is Expanding Its Podcasting Footprint
- Apple previews powerful software updates designed for people with disabilities
- Apple Introduces Affiliate Program for Podcasts Subscriptions
- Why A Podcast Is A ‘Hobby’ For Apple And ‘Career’ For Spotify
- Spotify brings offline listening to the Apple Watch, at last
- Spaces is here, let’s chat
- U.S. Podcast Ad Revenues Grew 19% YoY in 2020; set to exceed $1B this year and $2B by 2023
- Barstool’s ‘Call Her Daddy’ Returns To Top Five In April.
- The Call Her Daddy season finale
- DEI For Podcasters Audience Value and Growth
- Elsie will be joining the Podcasting, Seriously club in Clubhouse, come hang out with her! You can join the club to check her out on June 9 at 4 pm ET.
We’d love it if you could please share The Feed with your Twitter followers. Click here to post a tweet!
If you dug this episode, head over to Podchaser and kindly leave us a review and follow the show! Follow The Feed wherever you listen to audio!
→ Follow via Apple Podcasts
→ Follow via Google Podcasts
→ Follow via Spotify
→ Here’s our RSS feed! FEEDBACK AND PROMOTION ON THE SHOW
You can ask your questions, make comments and create a segment about podcasting for podcasters! Let your voice be heard.
- Download The Feed App for iOS and Android
- Call 412–573–1934
- Email email@example.com
- Use our Speakpipe Page