In this fascinating conversation with Andrew Hellman of 1pt Co., some of the topics we discuss include:
- What an infusion IS at a technical level, and why you might consume more of them in your day-to-day life than perhaps you realize.
- How, with the help of his wife Anna, Andrew used his experience in finance and design to launch a new company aimed at changing the way we think about infused spirits.
- The painstaking design that went into One Part Company’s infusion hardware and consumable packets, from the Scandinavian aesthetics to the insanely easy infusion process.
- Andrew’s approach to sourcing ingredients and creating flavor accords to pair with specific cocktail formats
- We answer a timely listener question about scaling a homemade bitters recipe into something perhaps more commercially viable,
We cover the merits of curated music playlists, the woes of sourcing lavender, what to drink with a grandma straight out of the Mad Men era of the 1950s, and much, much more.
This episode is brought to you by Near Country Provisions. If you live in the Mid-Atlantic and want to enjoy ethically raised (and delicious) meat from local farmers delivered to your door every month, then you need Near Country in your life.
Head over to NearCountry.com and enter the code BARCART when you sign up for your subscription to receive 2 free pounds of bacon or ground beef in your first delivery.