For the last few years, I've been recording in a room full of foam and blankets. The results were good, but not great. I wanted something better, so I just installed some new panels based on a DIY panel design by Marcus dePaula. This episode is the first I recorded with the new setup. It's a conversation with Marcus about how you can sound your best with the space you have, regardless of whether you record in a spare bedroom, a closet, or a temporary location. Topics:
- "Room within a room"
- Recording with a monitor – what you need to know
- Setting up a portable studio that sounds great
- Recording in your house? This is the best place to do it...
- Why books are a great thing to have in your studio
- Packing blankets
- Bedroom vs. Closet
- What you need to know about ceiling panels (clouds)
- Studio Comfort vs. Function
- What is good enough?
Links To Things We Talk About:
- The "Old" RED Room
- Panel Build
- Marcus' DIY Acoustic Panel Plans
- Me Only Louder / Podcast Audio Lab
Don't Let Your Podcast Be Ignored - Download my free "Podcast Growth Toolkit" to double your podcast audience.