The very visual, very professional, and 100% kitten-free podcasts of MGoBlog, featuring the MGoPodcast with Brian Cook, Seth Fisher, David Nasternack, and Ace Anbender, as well as The Teams historical podcast (Seth & Dr. Sap), The Ace Pod, The Michigan Hockeycast (David & Anthony Ciatti), and recorded versions of MGoRadio (Brian & Seth) and the WTKA Roundtable (Brian, Sam Webb, Craig Ross, and Ed Feng)
- Nebraska: They’re a good team. Great defensive line. Was this the gutsiest win by Michigan under Harbaugh? Have to give credit to Nebraska for shooting themselves in the foot.
- Cade Talk: Sam asks when we go with McCarthy, Seth is on Team McNamara because he’s got a high floor, and maybe that’s what you need when you have a good defense and good players around you. Brian says McCarthy should be the redzone guy.
- Offense: Playing better to their strengths. Tight ends had a great day vs not Wisconsin LBs, running backs won the game, Cade wasn’t that great but he was steady. TE leak.
- Note user Dragonchild’s diary about how Michigan is using less split zone and associated plays. They’re a good power team. Cade is a good 5-wide guy. They can run both out of the same personnel.
- Defense: Worried about the cornerbacks. Gray and Turner had BAAAAD pass interferences and that’s not going to work vs Ohio State.
- Michigan State? Quarterback play and two good receivers are real—the run game might be an effect of playing very bad run defenses but respect is due. Seth: These are all just college football teams. Michigan/MSU/Iowa/Nebraska…not that much separates these teams.
- Hockey Talk: This team can score at will on the power play, additions are great, have a lot more age than people realize. Portillo gives up too many soft rebounds but that was 1/4.
- Jett: Big recruiting win—Howard showed he can pull a guy out of IMG *AND* make him clean his room. Versatile player, closest recent comp is Franz? Needs a left.