The last word in podcasting news. Every Thursday, James Cridland from Podnews in Australia and Sam Sethi, from 'Podcast First' River Radio in the UK, review and analyse some of the week's top podcasting news from around the world. They also interview some of the biggest names making the news. Sponsored by Buzzsprout and SquadCast.
- Buzzsprout - last week, 3,847 people started a podcast with Buzzsprout
- Harry Duran talks about how he found a sponsor for his new podcast, raising $9k before launching
- Substack is moving into podcasting - “but better”. The platform also lets you podcast for free
- YouTube is the third most popular podcast platform in America
- Should your podcast be on YouTube? Rephonic crunch the data: revealing that for English-language shows, it could well be worthwhile. The Podfather thinks it's a waste of time.
- Dan Misener analyses the different types of podcast on YouTube
- Jeff Vidler from Signal Hill Insights calls YouTube “the elephant in the podcasting room"
- Acast published its annual report. The company saw net ad sales grow by 73%; while it almost doubled the loss of last year
- Alberto Betella has suggested a podcast:verify tag, designed to removed the need for podcasters to expose/spam their email addresses in RSS feeds.
- The hosts of one of the UK’s biggest podcasts, Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo are to take their film review podcast to Sony Music Entertainment
- Worth Reading Is talent in control - Matt Deegan
- Podmachine has been launched - a tool to grow and edit your podcast for you
- Headliner has launched Eddy
- Dave Jones writes What is Podcasting 2.0 all about?
- Podchaser launch their 3rd annual Reviews4Good program
- Daniel J Lewis is celebrating 15 years in podcasting
- Castopod 1.0.0-beta.12 is up! Grab your Castopod on https://castopod.org