The last word in podcasting news. Every Thursday, James Cridland from Podnews in Australia and Sam Sethi, from 'Podcast First' River Radio in the UK, review and analyse some of the week's top podcasting news from around the world. They also interview some of the biggest names making the news. Sponsored by Buzzsprout and SquadCast.
- Buzzsprout - last week, 3,686 people started a podcast with Buzzsprout
- Lauren Passell - CEO TinkMedia talks about why she has launched a podcast swap database for podcasters interested in setting up a promo swap for their podcast.
Notes & Links:
- An Anchor podcast called Soldier of Misfortune has been accused of being a shameless rip-off by Brendan I Koerner, a journalist for The Atlantic . He accuses the podcaster, Jesse Rapaport, of knowingly stealing his work.
- Spotify says that they’ll continue losing money from their podcast acquisitions in 2022, but podcasting should begin to make a profit at a time “not too far away”.
- Podcast host Anchor’s creator interface is now available in 35 different languages. Of the top five podcast hosts, Omny Studio is in six languages, Spreaker is available in four; Buzzsprout and Libsyn only offer English, though YouTube is in 82 different languages
- Apple Podcasts has now added follower metrics for all your shows in Apple Podcasts Connect
- Advertisers should move money away from podcasts that don’t provide transcripts, says Bryan Barletta in Sounds Profitable
- Spotify Live went live in the US.
- iHeartMedia is making an NFT-based podcast network
- Podchaser has launched an API for sponsors and ad spends