While we might all be in different types of sales, we can learn plenty about conversation, influence, and leadership from each other. On today’s episode, Steve Underwood and I discuss all aspects of the sales business, from building a sales pipeline to the power of meditation and gratitude in your daily life.
With a family background in car sales, Steve Underwood began his career in the auto industry before moving into technology sales. Steve is currently the account executive at Workfront, a project management software company, as well as a dedicated podcaster and mentor. In his free time, Steve enjoys learning new languages and hanging out with his family at the beach.
- Steve Underwood’s background and journey
- Efficiency vs Effectiveness
- Distinctive roles in the sales and development teams
- Building a predictable pipeline
- Roleplaying, weekly reviews, and post-mortems
- Handling a loss
- Documenting calls and other data: how to reduce lag
- The power of a positive mindset and meditation
Visit Kick SaaS Sales, Steve’s podcast and website
The Five Minute Journal - daily gratitude journal
Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
The Miracle Morning for Salespeople
Pre-order Marylou Tyler’s new book Predictable Prospecting: How to Radically Increase Your B2B Sales Pipeline , out on August 19th 2016!