We host a weekly show out of Boise, ID covering the latest in religious leaders behaving badly, church/state entanglement issues, and other topics of interests to atheists. On occasion we also do interviews with leaders in the atheist, skeptic, and humanist community.
THIS DAY IN HISTORY - October 2
* 1789 - George Washington forwards parchments to states for ratification * 1836 - Darwin returns to England* 1919 ~ Woodrow Wilson suffers a stroke | History.com | Washington...
We are joined by Mike Aus, Executive Director of the Houston Oasis. He is also a former pastor who came out as an atheist on MSNBC in March 2012.
Kansas City Oasis
This episode is brought to you by:
Nuclear Sponsor - US$20.00 per...
INTRO*Change in format
THIS DAY IN HISTORY
* Federal Fugitive Slave Act of 1850 was passed* Fidel Castro comes to New York
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
* Artificial spleen cleans pathogens from blood* The government is finally taking...
THIS DAY IN HISTORY - September 4th
* 476 - Western Roman Empire falls | History.com | Wikipedia* 1951 - President Truman makes first transcontinental television broadcast* 1957 - Little Rock becomes a Cold War...
In this episode we go off topic and delve in the current geopolitical issues of Ferguson, MO, Ukraine, Iraq, Gaza, and Rick Perry. Our normal programming will be back next time.
Travis via voicemail
Email us at...
THIS DAY IN HISTORY - August 7th
* 1789 - The United States Department of War is established* 1869 - Astronomer impresses Indians with eclipse* 1990 - Bush orders Operation Desert Shield* 2005 - Trapped Russian sub...
Full shownotes available at http://www.atheistnomads.com/56
CALL TO ACTION!
* Petition to remove Idaho’s child welfare faith healing exemptions
0:09:01 THIS DAY IN HISTORY - July 24
* 1487 - City sacked due to foreign beer...
For the interview we are joined by David Silverman from American Atheists
CALL TO ACTION
* American Humanist Association to brief congress on need for humanist chaplains* Secular Humanists of Everett homeless care kits
* Sophie from New Zealand via email* Matthew on Facebook
Email us at email@example.com or call us at (541) 203-0666.
* Robert Ray is now a Patron!
THIS DAY IN HISTORY -
* 1807 - Lightning strikes in...